Endow Maryland - An Unique Charitable Opportunity
A Maryland state tax program called "Endow Maryland" rewards donors who help build permanent charitable funds at qualified community foundations.
Beginning January 1, 2017, donors making gifts through The Community Foundation of Frederick County will receive a 25 percent Maryland tax credit for gifts of $1,000 and up to $5,000 in addition to the Federal charitable deductions allowed for the gift.
- Maryland state tax credit
- Federal tax deduction
Gifts must support a permanent fund that will create strong community impact. This may include funds that support housing, job training and placement, scholarship programs, health care, social services, education, recreational services, and more. Your gift can also support the Community Foundation's strategic grantsmaking areas of school readiness, access to health care, and services for the newly homeless and precariously housed. To learn about possible endowed funds available for your gift, please call the office at 301.695.7660.
In Maryland, community foundations will be sharing $250,000 in tax credits for 2017. These credits are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and are being claimed very quickly due to the success of the program in 2016. The Community Foundation's allotment of 2017 tax credits is $15,000, with the possibility of additional credits to be offered after the allotment is fully claimed.
How can you take advantage of this unique opportunity?
- Please contact the Community Foundation Office at 301.695.7660 to verify that the fund you wish to donate to or create is eligible for the Endow Maryland program.
- Download, print and complete the Endow Maryland Commitment Form and return it as soon as possible to Elena Joos, Philanthropic Services Associate.
- mail the Commitment form to The Community Foundation, 312 East Church Street, Frederick, MD, 21701
- fax the Commitment form to 301.695.7775
- bring the Commitment form to the office
Elena will contact you to discuss your gift and the related details. The State of Maryland will be supplying the forms needed to claim the tax credit after the gift is complete.
Questions? Call the office at 301.695.7660 and speak with Elena.
- 312 East Church Street
- Frederick, MD 21701
- phone: 301-695-7660
- fax: 301-695-7775
- Directions to Our Office