A little over 100 years ago in Cleveland, banker, lawyer, and former mayor Frederick H. Goff had a novel idea. His vision was to pool the charitable resources of Cleveland's philanthropic minded citizens, living and dead, into a single, impactful, and permanent endowment for the betterment of his community.
Welcome to The Community Foundation of Frederick County
Welcome to The Community Foundation of Frederick County. We are an organization that works with those who live in Frederick County. We act on behalf of those citizens who love this amazing area, and along side those who want to ensure we leave a legacy of continued prosperity for generations to come. And this all starts by joining together to develop solutions, build hope, and create meaningful, lasting change.
Our mission is simple. The Community Foundation is dedicated to connecting people who care with causes that matter to enrich the quality of life in Frederick County now and for future generations.
- Memorial contributions for John Charles Webb - click HERE
- Memorial contributions for Allen T. Robertson - click HERE
- Memorial contributions for J. Richard Hudson - click HERE
- Memorial contributions for Paul L. Crum, Jr. - click HERE
- Meet our superhero, Phil Lanthropy. Click HERE to watch our new video, "A Day in the Life of Phil"
- May 5, 2015- Frederick County Professional Advisor Education and Networking Event, "Estate Opportunities for Families." Click here to register.
- A new Maryland state tax program in 2015 will reward donors who help build permanent charitable funds with a 25 percent state tax credit. Click here for more information.
28th Annual Report to the Community Sponsors/Partners in Philanthropy