This has been an exciting scholarship "season" at the Community Foundation. Two hundred seventy-six students have been awarded 371 scholarships totaling just over $833,000 for the 2015-2016 academic year. Music and dance scholarships are being finalized now, and by July, the total scholarship amount will increase to more than $850,000.
Welcome to The Community Foundation of Frederick County
Welcome to The Community Foundation of Frederick County. We are an organization that works with those who live in Frederick County. We act on behalf of those citizens who love this amazing area, and along side those who want to ensure we leave a legacy of continued prosperity for generations to come. And this all starts by joining together to develop solutions, build hope, and create meaningful, lasting change.
Our mission is simple. The Community Foundation is dedicated to connecting people who care with causes that matter to enrich the quality of life in Frederick County now and for future generations.
- Memorial contributions for Mary Hassett to The Dr. Christopher M. Hassett Science Scholarship Fund, click HERE.
- Memorial contributions for Mary Hassett to The Steve Hassett Memorial Scholarship Fund, click HERE.
- Memorial contributions for Lynn Powell, click HERE.
- Memorial contributions for Catherine A. Fox, click HERE.
- Click HERE to view our Summer 2015 newsletter.
- November 19, 2015 - 29th Annual Report to the Community, FSK Holiday Inn and Conference Center, 5:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. Public invited, RSVP required. Call 301.695.7660 for details.
- A new Maryland state tax program in 2015 will reward donors who help build permanent charitable funds with a 25 percent state tax credit. Click here for more information.
28th Annual Report to the Community Sponsors/Partners in Philanthropy